Thursday, September 01, 2022

Sometimes

Sometimes life smacks me upside the head when I'm not paying attention. Sometimes I'm not paying attention because I'm tired and/or distracted. Ugh. Sometimes when I am tired and/or distracted I react instead of respond. Sometimes when I react instead of respond, I dig myself in deep enough that is really tough to get out of the hole.

On Saturday, in desperate attempt to fix a physical issue, I sought some help and advice. I believed I was going to the place recommended to me by a trusted friend. I bought the line, hook, bait and sinker, and agreed to pay a rather hefty chunk of change. There were a few red flags, but paid them little heed. It wasn't until I had returned home that the mistake was realized and by then it too late. There are no "backsies" on this deal. (I feel rather foolish...) Perhaps the product I purchased will help in spite of the error. I can only hope so.

Yesterday, in desperate attempt to fix an emotional issue, I reacted. There are no "backsies" on this either. Tensions were already running high. Tired, distracted, and frustrated by the unrelated issue of Saturday's fiasco, which is not an excuse for bad behavior, I said some things that were unnecessary and probably not totally kind, even if part of me wanted them to be... 

Being a grown up is hard.

4 comments:

  1. Yes it is..so sorry you went down that rabbit hole but I do hope there will be some relief from it.
    It's scary how easy it is to get suckered into some of those things. (((hugs))) Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes those rabbit holes just open up under my feet. I am making amends the best I can.
      Suckered. Yeah, it feels that way. It happens to all of us along the way too. You live, you learn (hopefully).

      Delete
  2. Life is one long learning process, isn't it? I wonder if these things happen to us to keep us humble. Keep looking up, Martha, forgive yourself for being human. God loves you, and so do we.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is certainly full of "could have, would have, should have" moments. We can only go forward, trying to be grateful for lessons learned and fresh starts.

    ReplyDelete