Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Bits and Pieces

 More bits and pieces because I always run short on time to blog...

* It's my last week with Bennett and Mara. On Monday I leave the Waddler Room and go back to my Infant Room to begin the school year with new babies. Next week will be my last with Damien (I've had him for the summer) and a final week with sweet Olivia who will return for just the last week of August before beginning a new daycare. It's rather bittersweet.

* I've been doing some soul searching recently. Digging deep into my own heart and mind, untangling experiences and emotions, and attempting to settle a bit of angst. All is well and God is good whether life turns out the way we want it to or not. Somehow, even though it seems otherwise, He is still on the Throne.

* I'm tossing vacation possibilities about in my mind... Ocean City, Maryland and Maryville, Tennessee are two hopeful future vacation destinations. One had been on my bucket list for 44 years now. I'm sure Ocean City is completely different today than it was back when I was 14, and I won't be going with the blond haired, brown eyed boy who suggested it, but it's still on my list.

* I met my friend Gail for dinner this evening. She had chicken wings and I ordered a bacon cheeseburger. I got some kind of chicken sandwich instead... They were all apologies about the mix up and gave me my original order free of charge. I must go back again sometime in the near future. It was a nice little place and I really don't mind paying for a meal.

9 comments:

  1. And so a new school year begins. I am glad you will return to the infant room and get to have some new snuggles and sweet new babies to get to know.
    Happy you are doing well too and are thinking about future vacations.
    Hope your day continues to go good.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of my Littles went home with a fever today. Maybe yesterday was my last day with all of them... So grateful for these past few weeks. The first days were hard, but we're all going to be okay.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Yes you will be all ok. Interesting your reply identified you as anonymous..

      Delete
    3. It's a little crazy, isn't it? I used to be signed in all the time and now I have to sign in every time I get on blogger. Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out how to keep myself signed in.

      Delete
  2. -They DO grow up. Some of my first students are now Grandparents! What?!
    -Yes, and so glad He is.
    -Your local tourist attraction has been on our list for a long time, but I don't know if we'll ever get there. Hope your destinations work out.
    -Cheeseburger, chicken... so easy to confuse with them both beginning the same : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. - Time is flying by.
      - Me too!
      - Which local tourist attraction is on your list? There are so many different places to visit!
      - Ha ha! Yes, I suppose they do.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. I'm sure there are many great places, but the one we mostly hear about involves a lot of falling water!

      Delete
    3. I see... I suppose you are referring to Niagara Falls, but the truth is NY State is full of waterfalls. I haven't even seen all of them.

      Delete
  3. Yes, it seems Niagara is the main focus from this far away. But I enjoy "seeing"/reading about ALL the places you visit and share about from your part of the country!

    ReplyDelete