Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Today

Today was better. Although it was definitely cold when I woke up, there was no snow on the ground and best of all, no frost on my windshield. It actually warmed up to some pleasant temperatures and the sun came out for the entire day. It was glorious! By the time I went to my therapist appointment this afternoon, I was feeling much more optimistic than yesterday, or even the entire month of April. 

We were short on babies today. Three of my four were absent and one from the second infant room was out as well. I spent the day in the the other room and took care of the four we did have. It was a good day, just a little different from the usual. Tomorrow I'm expecting three of my own and things should be almost back to normal.

My people have been gone this week, but I've managed to keep myself busy. I met my friend Gail for dinner on Monday, went to my sister's house last night, and stopped to see another friend on my way home tonight. By tomorrow evening everyone should be back home and in their own beds again. I think Pip, the cat, will be glad to see his boys. I will too.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are doing better. When the routines get disrupted things do get a bit wonky.
    More snuggling babies and family back will help plug up some of the holes in your day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can poke holes or plug them up. Hopefully we have more pluggers than pokers.
      Love you!

      Delete