Sunday, April 17, 2022

Something Sharable

 Multiple attempts to write something sharable...

I heard recently that PTSD shuts down thinking your brain and your brain can actually change on a physical level. Writing is one thing that helps the traumatized brain to heal. So... yeah.

I am very much looking forward to warm, sunny weather and healing walks through the woods, evenings at the lake, and flowers. If gasoline doesn't get any more expensive, I'm looking forward to a drive somewhere, a vacation of some kind, but I don't know where.

This past week saw me attending two memorial services. I drove and hour and a half to find my friend Lorrie whose sweet mom "graduated" the previous weekend. Yesterday I drove to Williamson for the service remembering my friend Sandy's ex husband. I'm still processing the second... Last night was a birthday party for my little grandson Henry who turned two on April 13. I am still processing last night as well. Today was Easter. I planned to find my friend Laura at her church but ultimately ended up watching the live service online. Not a story to tell here. Suffice it to say there are many emotions coursing through my veins. I am a little exhausted. 

Long weekends are for catching up with life and getting extra sleep, but I think I do better with that waking up at 5 am and going to to work. Next time it will be a real vacation.


 

4 comments:

  1. Vacations are good for the mind and soul.
    Glad you still "went" to church..on line.
    God knows what you need and how you process things...deep breath and give the Littles hugs today at work.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I am glad to have the littles at work. They help me make it through life. I'm battling depression but I know it and that has to be at least half the battle, right?

      Delete
    2. Absolutely right!
      Yesterday I was so down in the dumps. We have had a series of things..stuff...problems one right after another. I was reading my devotion and this thought just came into my head so clearly. I felt like the Lord was talking right to me so I will share it with you.
      "That burden is NOT yours to carry...
      Take your burdens to the Lord and LEAVE them there".
      I know this promise every day of my life but I needed to hear it again for the day.
      Sue

      Delete
    3. Mommas often carry burdens that are too heavy. It can be so hard to put them down or hand them over. Jesus can carry them though. He is able.

      Delete