Sunday, March 06, 2022

Oh, What a Beautiful Day!

I skipped church this morning and met a friend for breakfast. That is not my usual behavior. I hadn't a clue just how beautiful a morning it was going to be, although I was a little bit flustered by the restaurant staff who looked past me several times and then immediately noticed the guy who came in several minutes after me. I raised my hands in front of my body like "what's the deal here?" which suddenly got me noticed. Have I ever told you how often I feel completely invisible? She was all apologies, but honestly, there were three girls up there not one of them addressed me until I waved my hands. 

In spite of the restaurant staff to whose eyes I was invisible, it was a very nice day. Gail and I stopped out by her cottage to check out the lake and then went on up the road to Sodus Point where the beach was still cut off from the lake by a mound of thick, sand and rock encrusted ice. It was windy, but not at all cold. The temperatures reached about 75 degrees Fahrenheit this afternoon. A rare early March occurrence.

 From Sodus we headed back to Webster and another of our favorite glass hunting spots. The wind, which was driving in cooler temperatures, was really starting to pick up speed. they say wind speeds today matched the temperatures. The lake was playful and the waves fabulous. My hair whipped around my face and my cotton shirt flapped in the breeze.

Back at home I found the power was out and the house was empty. My shoes and pant legs, drenched by rogue waves, were feeling cold. I didn't feel like changing my clothes and since my car was warm, I climbed back in the driver's seat, leaned it back and took a nap. I woke up when I heard Hannah pull in the driveway with the boys who had enjoyed a nice splash session in some puddles at another park.

4 comments:

  1. ...Lake Ontario was churning today. I hope that you had rocks in your pockets so that you didn't blow away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I filled my pockets as quick as possible. I almost blew over several times!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful day for you...you had church at the water's edge..
    Invisible..totally crazy...hate that..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day, and yes, church by the water.
      I hate that invisibility too.

      Delete