Wednesday, July 08, 2020

The Day Was Just Packed

Up at 5:15 am and out the door by 6 o'clock. I worked from 6:30 am until 12:45 pm. Not only did I greet the babies, take them for a morning walk, and make serve and clean up the lunch, but our food truck arrived and I got to put all of that away too.

I ran from work to the bank to make a deposit, stopped at the Dunkin drive-thru (again) for another iced coffee (which I paid for myself. Yes, Della, I do need that app.), and then headed for the Finger Lakes and my afternoon hair appointment. "Tom" who I took along in case I got lost, insisted I take an alternate route. "Turn left," "Turn left," he insisted, but I pain no attention, at least not until I didn't know where I was anymore. He really is pretty good with directions, as he should be. That's the reason I keep him. (He's my GPS.)

I had a wonderful afternoon with Amanda, who cut my hair, and then I headed toward Rochester where I had a 5:30 chiropractor appointment. I had more than enough time and was considering how to kill 45 minutes. God had it all worked out ahead of time. My route (even according to Tom), took me right past my Uncle Chuck's house. I couldn't drive right past without stopping. He and Aunt Mary were both surprised and I felt myself get a little teary when he said, "I thought I might never see you again." Never underestimate your value in the eyes of family members, young or old. We were both missing each other but never knew.

Chiropractor, therapist at 6 pm, and then a visit to my sister Rachel on the way home. Took a quick dip in her pool and we then went for a short walk around the block. It was a good day.

6 comments:

  1. Whew...I got out of breath just reading this.
    What a really wonderful day you had..I especially like the part about visiting your Uncle and his precious reaction to your visit..When we get those "prompts" we certainly need to act on them...Time flies by too fast.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was a little overwhelmed thinking about it, but when I worked out the time table I felt it was doable. Of course visiting Uncle Chuck was a split second decision when I found myself in front of his house.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. My gosh, I am exhausted...just reading this. I could feel the anxiety building up. Glad you saw your loved ones. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind a wild day every once in a while, in fact, they can be exhilarating. Ha ha! Just not all the time. I was so blessed by stopping to see my aunt and uncle. I have often found myself wondering if I would ever see them again too. I didn't know I mattered so much.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Wow, too many things in one day! I have to say I was confused, because I thought you were driving with Tom, and the pic of you with your Uncle Chuck, I thought was Tom, and I didn't know who he was or why you didn't listen to him when he said, "Turn left, turn left!" Oh dear, I had a laugh. Yes, get that app. It's dangerous, but hey, you get the medium iced coffee for $2, and you don't have to dig for change or get your card out...so glad you stopped for your visit, how heartwarming is that!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to love Tom, yes? He's always there when I need him, and when I don't I close him in the console. LOL!
      My Uncle Chuck is full of stories and bits of Bible information and he loves to share. He asked me about Tim too and that encouraged me to reach out to my sister and tell her I thought we needed to go and take him a Frosty. It's turning out to be a blessed week.
      :0)

      Delete