Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Random Acts

The day started out pretty much like any other until I went out to get in my car for work. I was greeted by an unexpected sight... a random tired had been placed on the hood of my car sometime during the night. I was suddenly "tired." (Ha ha!) I unlocked the door, put my things inside and went to find my son in law. "Can you help me a minute?" I asked him. I didn't want to drag the tire down the front of my hood and I was afraid it might be too heavy for me to lift. "Whose is it?" he asked. I told him I didn't have a clue. A silly kid trick is what I suspect. There was no damage done and I went on my way.

I drove to Canandaigua to visit my sister Priscilla for the afternoon. We had a yummy lunch together, talked for a long time, and enjoyed each other's company. I was feeling "tired" on the way home, so I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts drive-through halfway there. I ordered an iced coffee. Half decaf. I don't like making small purchases with my debit card, and the only cash I had on hand was rent money. I reasoned with myself and decided to take a ten dollar bill from the envelope and replace it when I arrived at home, but when I got to the pickup window the smiling server told me my bill had been paid by the person in the car ahead of me. Oh, Lord! You're always watching and know just when I need a bit of encouragement along the way...

I've been having a few internal struggles this week, so I called my sister Rachel to see if she might be interested in a walk. Walking usually helps. But I got only the answering machine on the other end of the line. I decided to go for a ride and knock on the door of my friend Karen. We shared a cup of iced tea and a socially distanced visit, me on the bench just outside her door, and she on the inside. She always has a word or two of wisdom and a few scripture verses. Tonight's takeaway, already written on an index card and placed within reach was Psalm 94:19. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. How cool is that? 

On the way home from my random visit to Karen, I saw a shirtless white guy riding a unicycle. I found that fairly random too. Sorry, no photograph. LOL!

8 comments:

  1. Random, first the tire on your car and then a shirtless guy riding a unicycle. Strange incidents. And how kind you were treated to coffee by a stranger who paid your bill. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a day full of randomness, probably like most other days. Ha ha!
      God is so good. He knew I needed a hug and coffee hugs are perfect these days.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Well how nice that someone did that at Dunkin! I have the Dunkin app, with my credit card attached, so I can load money onto it and pay with my phone. It racks up points, and when I get the free beverages, my girls get to order one of those expensive drinks like a large Coolata or a matcha tea latte. Are you holding up okay in this heat? I am melting. Simply and completely melting. I'm glad you seek out help and friends to talk to and walk with, very wise. Have a really good day and try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get the Dunkin app too. Maybe. LOL! I haven't melted enough yet. I still have a double chin. Ha ha!
      :0))

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a crazy, interesting and wonderful day you had...
    I wonder what the tire thing was all about. Glad there was no damage and it wasn't your tire to deal with.
    I love the pay it forward Random Act of Kindness you received...God knew what you needed.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about the tie thing, but it's hardly worth worrying about. If it happens again? Then I might think about it.
      Yes, God knew I needed that little message from above and delivered by the woman in the car ahead of me. He's always watching and wanting to bless us.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. There is some good going on....so glad you were a part of it. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is still good going on.
      I love you!
      :0)

      Delete