Saturday, July 27, 2019

This Weekend So Far

Last night I had the rare privilege of staying with Bethany's kids while she and Adam went out. I say "rare" because it's been a long time since I spent the evening there with just the kids. We ate pizza and watched "Chicken Run". And then, because he so liked the movie when they watched it at school, Josh introduced me to "Wonder." I loved it, and I think I need to watch it again.

This morning I played in the mud for a while. It was relaxing. There are times when my mind is not ready to sit, but today was good, even if I did sit alone. There are now more people sculptures drying on my shelf, and two glazed bowls awaiting the kiln. I took a look at the bisque shelf out of curiosity and found two pieces with my name on the bottom! I really need to get a notebook and keep better track of what I have out there...

My people were home today and so I stuck around the house this afternoon. Hannah was babysitting for the day and when the afternoon grew hot, we all fell asleep. When it was cool enough to play in the yard, we ventured outside and talked about what kind of things we might want to do with the back yard, like pull up the old bricks that were once the patio and are now broken and out of place. When evening was settling in, my sister Rachel came over and we took a long walk to the village of Webster and wound our way through the old neighborhood on the other side of Route 250 until my feet and legs were sore and tired.

It's been a very nice weekend so far.

6 comments:

  1. It sure sounds like a very nice weekend...we all need those from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a good one.
      I hope your was too, Jan.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful way to spend a weekend. I love the picture of the little dump truck, such a sweet reminder of what summer is all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer was made for children... or maybe it was the children who were made for summer...
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I am so in love with your people (family) sculptures. You have such a talent...that big bowl is gorgeous too.
    The sleepy afternoon is a great way to enjoy family too.
    Your dump truck is delightful. It would make the perfect children's greeting card. A+++

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having fun with the sculptures. Soon I will need to learn how to part with them. There are getting to be too many to keep.
      The dump truck... The afternoon sun was hitting it just perfectly!
      :0)

      Delete