Thursday, July 25, 2019

Like Father, Like Son

I can't help but smile when I see my own children be great role models for their children. "I want to snuggle Logan like daddy does," my grandson told his mom. He's not yet five and he's doing a great job of snuggling his baby brother.

Nothing makes a mom's heart swell more than seeing her children love, care for, and protect their younger siblings. Number Seven might be territorial and protective when it comes to his toys, especially his dinosaurs, but it looks like he's off to a wonderful start when it comes to taking care of Number Twelve.

As for my own son, his love of babies goes all the way back to being a very small boy. He was just two years old when he became attached to his sister's abandoned doll, named her Elizabeth after a friend's baby, and took her all the way to New Mexico with us on vacation. Such a tender heart... and now his arms are full of his very own little ones and he is teaching them tenderness as well.

According to my daughter in law, Spencer "was so proud when Logan started to drift off into sleep."  She says, "More is caught than taught!" and you know, she is absolutely right. (I'm thinking that big boy caught a bit of the Baby Bug from his very own mom because there was nothing much sweeter than falling asleep with my very own baby snuggled in my arms.)

(I stole the pictures. You don't think they'll mind, do you?)



4 comments:

  1. Adorable. Looks like wee baby is snuggling right back. Makes my heart melt. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Susie, it certainly does look that way. It was way too sweet not to share.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. A wee bit of heaven right there! Martha, congratulations on raising a fine young man!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Della, I love watching my boys tend their little ones! There is nothing quite like it.
      :0)

      Delete