Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sigh...

God is once again moving in my life. It is an incredible comfort to feel His tender touch. Hard to explain, but I know He is near.

It has been an incredibly trying few months and the challenge is far from over. Without going into details I will just say that communication is difficult when the hearer misinterprets our words and actions. Explanations are futile and there is no backtracking to right the perceived wrong. Apologizing would be an admission of guilt, and no amount of regret can take it all away. Only God can right what is wrong and change our hearts and the hearts of those we love. He has done it before and we must trust Him to work once again.

Mom had a tiring day. The reality has sunk in along with the pain. She needs help to dress, wash, and lift herself out of the chair. Eating and brushing her teeth is a challenge as she struggles to use her left hand rather than the dominant and wounded right. Even puzzles, word searches, and reading the newspaper take more effort and concentration. My heart is softening with each task I do for her, and yet I know that being forced to use her left hand over her right is good brain exercise for her so if she is able, I let her do it on her own.

Bethany, bless her heart, came over this morning to help her grandma so I could go out to Ladies' Prayer and Bible study. I won't be leaving Mom home alone for a while to come and so appreciate my family who is so willing to help. God is good and though a broken wrist in certainly painful and I wouldn't ever wish it on anyone, I believe God will use this ugly/beautiful blessing to draw us into a better relationship and I am thankful.

8 comments:

  1. what a blessing to be there to care for her - I hope she heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and very sorry to hear about the other hurts! those things are never easy. ~Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to hear the other situation isn't getting any better, but I am happy to hear that God is working to soften yours and Mom's relationship and bring you closer together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. U r soooo Lucky to have a family that will step up if I ask for help I am told I didnt give enough notice like 24 hr notice it crazy when Liz broke her hip then her shoulder my Lord it was so hard .It really tries ur patients but amazingly the harder it seems to get the easier the tasks at hand are .Wait for it.... the emotional abuse is the worst funny how u can beat me up leave me for dead and I will after I heal get over it But when u threaten me acuse me verbaly abuse me spread lies about me it seems to linger 4 along time oh and cleaning up poop is a great way to lose weight lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I love you! We are in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was my pleasure to come and help Grandma. I love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup, it's all in the seeds u sew.

    ReplyDelete