Thursday, September 13, 2007

Time for a Walk

It was a beautiful morning, one of those mornings that is too nice to waste, so I decided we should go for a short walk before picking Troy up from preschool. If time was no object and gasoline didn't cost an arm and a leg, I would spend my late summer and fall days hiking through the woods and orchards taking pictures of God's beautiful creation and just enjoying the outdoors.
I love the sunshine and fresh air and long to be out there, but I have obligations here at home. School keeps us busy most mornings and babysitting calls me to be at home during the afternoon. Unless I carve out a specific block of time, I don't typically get away. I'm told that one day I'll look back and long once again for these busy days, and I know that's true, but I'm not trying to get away from my home and family, just longing to breathe deep and relax a little bit along the journey.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Martha,
    Thoughts or truth?
    Anyway impressive photo's of all those fruits, its like that you're gonna 'pick them" or that you had just 'done that job', and 'walk away from it' so you sounds like a 'poet' today. well writtenand nice photograpy.

    JoAnn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day it was! Unfortunately I had to work, but working has some nice benefits too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a pretty day... And the apples look so tasty! Time for me to go back to the market and get some more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice apples!! Lots of them! That is a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely walk. I loved the boxes of apples, could smell them and thought, Martha will post a beautiful fresh baked Apple Pie on her post tomorrow!!! Ymmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly blessed. Retirement for me is a good thing. I do not miss the buzy days all that often. I do remember them though. Some days I would drive slow going home so I could have a small break between work and family obligations. I also remember wondering if I'd get a traffic ticket for going to slow. :)
    Those apples look mighty good, the smell must be awsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "breathe deep and relax a little bit along the journey"

    You obviously know it's important, so be sure to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those apples look really nice.

    ReplyDelete