Saturday, October 23, 2010

Twenty-Five!

Today is my daughter's twenty-fifth birthday and so I give you 25 things about Bethany.

1. She is the one in the photo without glasses...
2. She is my third child and first daughter.
3. I was prepared to have a third boy, to the point where I was almost (I said "almost") disappointed to find out she was a girl.
4. Bethany was very reluctant to grow hair and was therefore pretty much bald until she was almost 3 years old.
5. She was hard to keep clean and I called her "Mudcake."
6. She was surrounded by brothers for nearly ten years.
7. She prayed for a sister...
8. ... and cried when Ben was born.
9. She got over it.
10. She enjoyed playing soccer with the other homeschoolers in high school.
11. She ran the boys down and thought little of it.
12. She is competitive.
13. She married Adam in December of 2005.
14. They have an almost three year old son.
15. She works hard and rarely sits still.
16. She makes beautiful pies.
17. We make a good pie making team.
18. She loves her dad.
19. She enjoys gardening, both flowers and vegetables.
20. She plays the piano.
21. She sings pretty.
22. I miss her.
23. She did lots of housework. :)
24. She does not want pie for her birthday.
25. But Joe does...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BETHANY!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom!!! Hehe, us and our "25" lists...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you need to add one more thing about her! "But Joe does" is not about Bethany. I will add one more thing. She survived a death defying fall off a swing when she was pushed by her Uncle Dave, at around age 4. (is that about how old you were, Beth?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Bethany. I love that she cried when she got a brother and not a sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was sad and cute at the same time. When she came to visit at the hospital I let her hold him and asked if she wanted us to send him back. She said no.

    ReplyDelete