Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ABC Wednesday- Letter O

O is for Ontario, Lake Ontario.

From the upstairs window I can see the waters of Lake Ontario. It is the last in the line of Great Lakes on the way to the Atlantic Ocean and has been my "neighbor" for my entire life. Often that which is familiar is forgotten or taken for granted and such has often been the case here.

I am happy to say that the blessing of this Great Lake was realized several years back and I have since endeavored to appreciate its presence. It is almost like living by the ocean except the tide doesn't go in and out.

PS. That is the Oswego Lighthouse.


To see the other participants in the new round of ABC Wednesday, click here!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, and sometimes, even in Albany, Lake Ontario brings SNOW!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy days.
    Ps I stole your first picture for a screen saver.. peaceful to look at .. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome, my dear Judi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lake Ontario has my heart, too. My parents had a camp on the eastern shore, near Southwick....the beach after the rain, the moon shining on the water, the huge waves, or the calm waters with a radiant sunset...I miss those summers, I LOVE that lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very beautiful. We are still in Tahoe with limited computer and sometimes hard to get a signal.

    Will visit you more when we get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see the great lakes. They were talking on the radio about the big waves expected in the storms over there this week. What a sight that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy, maybe I will get a chance to check out those waves. Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the beautiful photos of the great lake that I often forget, located here near the shore of Lake Michigan! We had 19' waves last week. How did Lake Ontario and you fare?
    HelenMac, ABC team

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what size waves we had here, but they were probably higher near the eastern shore than here by Rochester anyway. I never did get a chance to take a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great letter O. love the photos.

    ReplyDelete