Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Taste of Home

Tonight I am tired. It has been an exhausting day and I will be relieved to fall into bed when the time comes. In the meanwhile, I give you another little taste of yesterday...

The Angelica Bakery caught my eye yesterday. The bakery itself was not open, in fact it appeared as though it might not have been open for years, but there were sacks of flour stacked inside and bread pans covered the counter, waiting for the next baking day. A sign outside the building told me I might find a loaf or two of salt rising bread at the Sweet Shop across the street.

I tried to take a picture of my own salt rising bread, but then I found the Cuba Cheese Shoppe already had a really nice photo online. It's the real thing, baked in the Angelica Bakery. Mmm! Good!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hm, not this time. Maybe tomorrow morning. It does sound like a good idea, and I do have apple butter remaining... And I think I'll find my flannel nightie and light a fire int he wood stove just for fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Martha ~~ I wish your post was scratch and smell ~~~ I need to bake a pie so my house will smell good!

    ReplyDelete