Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Grapes

Our trip to Angelica took us through Naples, NY. Naples is famous around here for not only being a quaint little town, but for Widmer's Wine Cellars and grape pies. We missed the grape festival this year or our drive to the southern tier would have been increased by a half hour or so. The grape festival is very popular. On the way home we stopped at a farm market. The smell of grapes tempted me to buy a basket but since I am not feeling up to making jam and I do not care for grape pie, I resisted. Instead I tasted a couple sample grapes and decided I prefer to drink grape juice and eat seedless grapes.

7 comments:

  1. Can you believe I have never been to Naples Grape Festival?
    Actually, when I was first employed as an RN in Canandaigua, I was simply flabbergasted at the number of "Festivals," hosted in and around our area. There is a Par-Tay for every food, culture, and vehicle known to North America!

    As another one who can resist grape pies... I doubt I'll get there anytime soon, either.

    I'm sure the juice was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have so many wonderful things that you can travel too.

    Love the pictures of the grapes, but I join you in not caring for grape pie... I will take a peanut butter and Grape Jelly sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the grape pie. It tastes like grape juice in a pie...too strong a flavor for a pie. I'll take grape juice or grape jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous...I just love that photo..the colors are amazing!

    I love seedless grapes...one of my favorite snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think attending food festivals is just about the most fun a foodie can have. Those grapes look glorious. Upstate NY is such a great place this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't like grape pie?!?! I am flabbergasted. It is my favorite.

    I bought some grapes at the Windmill in September that tasted like Concord Grapes, but were seedless. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the first grape pie I tasted, but the next one was too rich or something so I never it tried again.

    Do you really love it?

    ReplyDelete