Monday, July 21, 2008

Hummingbirds

I bought two new hummingbird feeders when I was out on Saturday and today I chanced to see three birds at once. They were buzzing by playing chase, not one of them realizing that there were more than enough feeders to go around. So far they are still not sharing airspace, but maybe given some time they will learn to get along. And, maybe if I can learn to relax, I will get a chance to enjoy their presence in my backyard.

These particular photos were taken a few years ago when we had a camera that took much clearer brighter pictures. I wish now that I had kept it and eventually sent it in for repairs, but how was I to know? Afterall, I bought a camera that was supposed to be basically the same. Oh well, this one has videos with sound.

8 comments:

  1. that is a very good shot. humming birds tend not to share well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool pictures. I like hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool ~~ I've been thinking about getting a humming bird feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have noticed before that hummingbirds do not share well. Didn't they go to kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummingbirds are very territorial and aggressive. It isn't within in their natural nature to get along well with one another, so it isn't likely that they will stop chasing one another off.

    If you would like much more information about hummingbirds, please click the links below. The sites contain many articles about hummingbirds, video clips about hummingbirds, an informative tips booklet on hummingbirds, and much more.

    Click Here To Visit About Hummingbirds

    Hummingbirds For Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of camera did you have??You always take awesome pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hummingbirds are such amazing creatures. I love to see them darting about. You can see the wings very clearly in your photos. Those are cool shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had an Olympus Camedia C-750 UltraZoom. The one I have now is the replacement model, Olympus Camedia SP 510 UZ, but it doesn't seem to take the same quality photos. I suppose I bought one model down maybe.

    ReplyDelete