Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Keeping My Eyes Open

Yesterday afternoon found me feeling anxious. I'm not really sure why, maybe because I had just paid off my Target card leaving my wallet void of cash. Maybe I felt stressed because of all the things I feel the need to accomplish and don't know quite how to catch up with it all. Whatever the reason, this anxiety followed me into bed, disrupting my sleep repeatedly throughout the night. I tried praying but found I would get only partway through my list only to wake up again wondering where I had left off.
When morning finally arrived I crawled out of bed tired. Even a shower couldn't wash the sleepies from my eyes. Sara and Alysa arrived a little before nine and Bethany came with Josh a little after. I managed to keep an eye on the baby (with the help of "the pen"), wash a load of laundry, and give the dog a bath, all the while feeling like I was just about ready to drop off to sleep. When Josh went down for his nap, I lay down on the couch and closed my eyes, but sleep was not to come. Sofie stood at the couch and barked at me telling me it was time to be up. Somehow I staggered through the morning and Nathan was kind enough to watch Josh for 45 minutes or so after lunch so I could close my eyes for a little bit. I woke up feeling better. At least I don't feel like I'm about to fall over any second.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds awful! I hope tonight is a better night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. humm... I know the feeling, Stress can do that to ya. I feel like a hampster in a wheel, going and going and not getting anywhere. hugs. Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've had such bad sleep, and worries. Will pray for you this morning...I'm up in the middle of my night because 'E' has woken me..a few times tonight...so I'm guessing I wont be funcioning too well all day. But it is awfully frustrating when your mind just wont stop whirring isn't it.

    ReplyDelete