Sunday, July 13, 2008

Going Round in Circles

Friday evening I retrieved Ben from camp and this afternoon I returned to Oswego to deliver Hannah. Unlike the other trips, which were bright and sunny, today's drive was dark and rainy. Picture a slight mist, gently splashing waves on the shore, and a light fog over the lake. The rain was warm and gentle and the wet grass soaked the toes of my tennis shoes through to my socks. Hannah settled into her cabin and got into her suit to take her swim test. Ben, who had come along for the ride was talking with his friends, so I decided to take some rainy day photos.
There isn't much to see along this particular portion of the lake shore. Much of the beach has been covered with large rectangular blocks of stone and concrete designed to keep the shoreline from eroding into the lake, and the power plant next door kind of detracts from the scenic beauty due east.
There is however a small lagoon which was quite pretty today. I took advantage of both the cloud cover and the tall weeds for a nice photo. The campers practice their fishing skills here and there is also a boat launch. No one swims in the lagoon (it looks a bit scary), instead the camp has a nice inground pool for all the would be polar bears.
On Friday I will return once again, first to meet some friends, and then to bring my daughter back home. When I see her again she will have turned into a teenager. Her birthday is Friday.

7 comments:

  1. Awww, such sweeth memories. That lagoon does look scary, and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful... like out of a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow up fast don't they?

    Really nice pictures Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13? My little sister can't be 13 already (friday)! Where has the time gone?

    I liked OBC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word... Hannah 13? Now I feel like tear-ing... Soon she will be all growed up :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a miserable day yesterday. I hope Hannah has a sunnier week, although it's a bit gray toward Oswego as I write this. I'm looking forward to Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's supposed to be a nice week. I'm sure she'll have a great time. Hopefully you told someone there that her birthday is Friday.

    ReplyDelete