Saturday, September 01, 2007

In My Purse

Tracy's comment made me wonder what really is in my purse, so I'm checking... Hmmmm... I have my wallet (which contains mostly cards and my license...), a nearly empty bottle of water, an Our Daily Bread devotional, Bert's Bee's lip balm, a boondoggle key chain minus the ring, Chapstick All Natural lip balm, 3 packs of gum (2 fruit and a spearmint), a bright green marker, allergy eye drops, 3 hair clips, a Walmart smiley sticker, my checkbook, allergy medicine, Ibuprofen, a mini calculater key chain with 2 keys to I don't know what, used tissue, my keys, lots of old gum wrappers, loose change, a little red lake stone, Ginger's business cards, medical cards, a Subway card, more business cards, a greeting card, 11 store receipts, 5 bank receipts, a coupon, and instructions from a doctor.
Phew!

I've now cleaned out the receipts, the old Kleenex and gum wrappers, the coupon, the boondoggle, the Walmart sticker, and the water bottle. I need to add a pair of reading glasses so I can see my Bible at church tomorrow and maybe a fresh tissue. What does all this mean? I have no clue, but my purse is clean now and I still have plenty of gum to go around.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you must have a big purse.
    What's in mine...
    credit cards, $1.00 and some change, my checkbook, 2 packs of gum, ponytail holders, make up, 4 pens, a tongue scraper (oolit), my inhaler, gum wrappers, a paycheck stub, a pantyliner, keys, Excedrin migraine medication, eye drops, my plane ticket stub from when I went to Las Vegas, and a few old receipts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My purse is actually rather small. I just know how to pack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My "What's in my purse?" answer is too long for a "comment", so I'll post it instead. Interesting you hit on the subject, because it was just last Sunday that I took the purse picture I'll post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Martha, I really need to clean out my purse since I got back from vacation...It was my filing cabinet...OK, I'll do that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, I finally have my blog up and running! Come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed that you cleaned it out. I think the switch for a fresh tissue was a winning decision. I will have to post my purse contents on my blog as well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just back from vacation my purse is actually a small backpack. lol It even has rain ponchos in it besides way too much other junk. But no matter which purse I'm toting you can be certain there is gum in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a copy cat... and you are so inovative to start this. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm..I'm afraid to look in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My purse seems to grow in size as I age! I used to pick on my Mom for carrying such a big purse but now I am becoming more and more like her, you never know when you might need something! When I do get brave enough to clean it out, I found about 10 pens at the bottom along with change and gum wrappers. It all works it's way down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too funny! My purse always has TONS of receipts too as well as lots of little scraps of paper and a little notebook and checkbook. More cards than I care to count - credit cards, store cards, business cards, insurance cards.... No gum, but hopefully breath mints. A little Bible. Rarely any cash! If I have it, I spend it. (Course even if I don't have it I spend it with plastic!!) And I can't seem to keep a pen in my purse for the life of me. Maybe country girl will loan me one of hers?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the inspiration ! Who knew that the contents of our purses were so entertaining. I'm trying to be better about keeping mine clean. I've found that changing purses more often helps - plus gives me an excuse to purse shop !!

    ReplyDelete