Monday, September 10, 2007

Baby Stuff!

Saturday we cleaned the house, yesterday we partied, today we recover... (I have one of those "State Fair" headaches today, probably too much excitement yesterday... or maybe I just failed to drink anything other than coffee.)

Babies sure are spoiled these days! I don't know where Beth and Adam will put all the stuff they took home yesterday. Good thing they have a basement! There were all kinds of presents... I'm overwhelmed and I don't have to figure out what to do with everything. I guess all she needs now is diapers (I should have bought those).

When I had my babies we had a crib and a bassinet, a baby swing, and an umbrella stroller. Oh yeah, and a car seat, although Jimmy didn't need one until he was about a year old. Things sure have gotten complicated.

5 comments:

  1. She looks very happy indeed! What an exciting time!! Glad you all had fun. It is amazing how much STUFF we *need* for a baby these days! Hahaha. And you can't leave home without it either. We always brought a car load with us wherever we went. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually had a carload of kids instead and left all but the stroller and diaper bag at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy she received so many nice gifts.
    In the land of far away, I had T., a booster seat for the car, a diaper bag and a lot of hutzpa! Yes, times have changed haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, they do have fancy things these days, like bumbos and bobbys and diaper genies... I knew I could do without those things, and I didn't really expect to get some of the stuff. But I'm sure they'll come in handy. And it is fun to look at all the baby clothes and gadgets as I soprt them and put them away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny, Martha...we had a baby shower for my sister on Sunday the 9th too. =) She's due on Halloween but it looks like she's going to be having a c-section as she has placenta previa. They thought it might move but latest u/s shows it hasn't budged.

    ReplyDelete