Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My Beautiful Bethany

This is my beautiful daughter Bethany. She is expecting her first baby in late October. This will be our first grandchild. How exciting! I think being a grandma will be fun and I can hardly wait to snuggle a brand new baby again.

Bethany surprised us when she was born by being a girl. We already had two little boys and I so didn't want to be disappointed that I prepared myself for a third boy. For a very brief moment I was almost disappointed that she was a girl. That didn't last long. I looked forward to dressing her up and putting her hair into barrets and pony tails. The only problem was she forgot to grow hair. It wasn't until she turned three that she had enough hair to do something with. When she was one year old we had her ears pierced and thought maybe people would stop asking if the little child dressed in flowers was a boy or a girl. They just kept asking.

10 comments:

  1. We had the exact opposite problem with Steven. He was wearing a little baseball outfit and hat one day and this woman called him a she. When we corrected her she said that it was his blonde hair and blue eyes that made her call him a she. ??-That makes no sense, but oh well.

    And I agree with you, Bethany is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree as well. Bethany is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha you are going to have so much fun as a Grammy!! It's more .. it's.. I can't explain it. It's just so much more fun than being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh, Bethany looks absolutely beautiful!!!! Send
    Bethany, and all the others, much love from Texas. Thanks for the picture Auntie Martha....or should I call you "Grama"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks a lot like you (just younger ;-))
    I think it will be great to be a grandmother!
    All the best to Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be a "Great Aunt"...that sounds old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful, and so is her tummy. The first grandchild is so exciting...I just found out a few weeks ago, I'm a great grandma. My grandson and his girlfriend concealed it for 9 months. Surprise to the family. Not exactly the way you would plan it , but we will support and love them and this new life, Isaac.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Auntie Lori, and I will do. Send my love to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You say beautiful (and I thank you, but did you see the face that I am making?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I would be the same way Bethany. But yes, you are beautiful. :) And oh how excited you both must be as you count down the days!!!!

    ReplyDelete