Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Getting Something Accomplished

Its been a bright and sunny almost autumn day. Yesterday we went for a walk, today we did not, at least not yet... Last evening I went to a local farm market in search of some hot chile peppers and came home with just under a half bushel. The woman at the stand wondered why in the world I would want so many hot peppers. Today I fired up the grill and roasted what I didn't get to last night. They will soon be resting in my freezer waiting to made into something scrumptious, maybe huevos rancheros, chili con carne, or green chile stew. I have a pork roast simmering in my crockpot (a nice easy meal), a batch of salsa brooding in the fridge, and an apple pie baking in the oven.
The kitchen doesn't look too bad and the clean towels are waiting to be taken out of the dryer and folded. My floor needs a good sweeping and the rug could use a pass with the vacuum cleaner. Troy's mom will be here any minute and Alysa will be coming off the bus in half an hour. I think Ben and Hannah did school today. I saw them with their books... Tomorrow I'm going to take the day off.

12 comments:

  1. Martha...I can see how much you love Fall too. I am ready for the soups, the pies, freezing things ahead to make cooking easier when you are in the mood for something...Oh I wish we lived closer..would love to take those walks with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very productive day. I need to make a pie. I made pumpkin cookies on Saturday, but they're all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a productive day! Those kind of days make you feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Heather, good and tired.

    Wanda, do you think there are apple orchards in heaven?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a good woman! We went to a CC meet at North Rose. The kids said we should stop by your house for dinner. I thought maybe showing up around 6:30 for dinner with my three and my friend and her two would have been a bit of a surprise for you.

    That pie would have tasted good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It almost would have worked! All day I felt like I just might have extras for supper. Next time you'll have to call and see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Martha, I do believe there are Apple orchards in heaven and no sign saying "Don't Eat"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you up to on your day off????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm, I've been doing laundry, washing dishes, vacuuming, and trying to make a dr. appointment. Oh yeah, and babysitting. I'd go for a walk except that I'm still waiting for the dr. to call back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. um... that doesn't sound like much of a day off!!

    ReplyDelete