Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Saying Good Bye

Food and fun, laughter and tears, prayers and long hugs.
I held it together until my kids started crying. So many things have been going through my mind...

Yesterday was Jim's 26th birthday. We were celebrating his life and dreading his departure. In some ways he was dreading it too. It isn't easy for him to leave but growing up isn't always easy... and letting go isn't easy either. Now we look forward to the day when he returns and pray that he will be led by the Lord in his journey through life.

8 comments:

  1. God bless and protect you, Jim.

    Martha, did you send a roll of stamps with him? :O)

    (When I was married to my husband that was in the Army, we would spend a thirty day leave at home before reporting to the next assignment. My mom use to slip me a roll of stamps everytime we left.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo hoo! Hopefully he'll be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Martha. I'm so sad for you all. Saying goodbye is so hard even when you know that God will use this time in Jimmy's life to grow him even more. God bless as you go, Jimmy! (Adorable picture, Martha. How did the time go that fast???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry he is leaving you BOO! but I like that he is coming here. YAY! If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable picture!!! More and more I think about the possibility of my kids moving away.... And just the thought makes me sad. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, may the Lord protect him and keep him. ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you are sad and I'm sure you will miss him like crazy. You raised him with the confidence to spread his wings on go out on his own. That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete