Monday, September 17, 2007

The Lighter Side of Homeschooling

Homeschooling has brought us some slightly "unique" experiences. I love the memories and I hope my kids treasure those days as much as I do. We've been on countless field trips, even one to a local cemetery where some of the kids found an old bone. (Yikes! Remember the Teeny Tiny Woman?) We visited museums, farms, and local businesses. We've escaped to the beach, walked the orchards, met at the park, and organized our own group classes. There were Gym Nights and trips to indoor playgrounds. The kids played soccer and baseball, danced and took swimming lessons. We've read and written stories, worked through too many math books, and watch dozens of documentaries. Sometimes the kids made their own home videos, they organized trips to the state fair, or simply had a tea party in the flower garden. On "Mondays" I often want to throw in the towel, but then I recall all the wonderful memories and figure I can hold on for another couple of weeks... at least until we can get back to Mendon Ponds and feed the chickadees again.

5 comments:

  1. Martha, that picture is adorable! I think the best thing about homeschool is the extra moments that you have with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most delightful picture. Those are precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have lots of wonderful memories! I'm sure the kids will never forget all the time you've spent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I think we've forgotten all of the good times over here... all my kids ever remind me of are all of the bad things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we basically remember what we want to. Maybe they need a reminder.

    ReplyDelete