Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Quiet Noisy Day

The sky is overcast and threatening rain and I'm still worn out from having a migraine for the past couple of days. It would be a wonderful day to curl up on the couch and take a nice long nap. That's what I feel like doing, but Troy is here and he is feeling wound up and full of energy. He has been bouncing off Ben and playing silly games with Hannah. He is loud and ready for action. At the moment he is playing train tracks with Ben and trains, as you know, can be quite noisy. In another two hours he will be winding down. We will sit on the couch, snuggle up with a soft blanket, and read a story. After that it will be nap time. If I am lucky, I will get a rest too, otherwise I will be doing a math lesson with Ben and Hannah and continuing the job of sorting through boxes and bins of "who knows what" in the computer room. Someday maybe I will get the task completed. Right now I need to make a batch of cookies for our trip to Mendon Ponds tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Am I coming? I need to make a quick stop at the bank and the grocery store... Would that be allowed tomorrow? I need more paint for my accent wall too. One quart wasn't enough... figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you were able to fit in that nap this afternoon, and that you're feeling better. Have fun tomorrow, and eat a cookie for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if I was closer, I'd make a batch for you. I need to make some cookies tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I forgot about lunch! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better. What kind of cookies did you bake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made oatmeal raisin and Bethany made choclate chip.

    ReplyDelete