Sunday, January 07, 2024

Twice in a Row

 I stayed overnight at my son's apartment last night. Nate is playing guitar in his church worship band on a fill-in basis and needed to be there early this morning. Since fun didn't sound like getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning to brush snow off my car, I decided to pack a bag and take my pillow for a Saturday night "Pa-Grandma Party" instead. (I forgot my pajamas... Go figure.) Nate made pancakes and scrambled eggs for dinner and we watched a movie. 

This morning I got the kids ready. I fed them breakfast, and they picked cereal and milk so that was easy peasy. Nate had left clothes out for them. Only Lyla needed help so that was easy peasy too. Then we made sure teeth were brushed, hair combed, and faced washed. The van was buried by last night's "winter storm" so brushing the snow off was the next task. 

Getting the vehicle clean and everyone into their seats didn't take near as long as I'd imagined and we ended up having way too much time before church so I did the only thing a sane grandmother would and I took them to Dunkin for a box of 25 Munchkins. We had no trouble devouring them and I took them to church all sugared up. Ha ha!

Church attendance two weeks in a row. Two churches I've never attended two weeks in a row. Communion two weeks in a row. I took some cute pictures of Nate and the kids on their way back to the car.

3 comments:

  1. Love your Grandma time with the kiddos. Good for you. I'm sure the Sunday School teachers were thrilled with the sugar-charged munchkins...haha... We went to our former church this morning . It's been 3 years since we had been to a service there. We wanted to hear their guest speaker Bob Goff. He's a favorite of ours and we have many of his books and listen to his pod casts. Excellent as always. Didn't see hardly anyone we knew but it was nice anyway.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say how I was still there early enough for my friend Nan to find me bringing the kids in. She had been watching because she was talking to Nate earlier. She gave me a huge hug and helped me get the kids checked into the system. She and her family were the only others I knew.

      Delete
  2. Lolol..."all sugared up..."
    My goodness...all that snow! Be safe and stay warm.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete