Friday, November 03, 2023

Too Much and Not Enough Too

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since I last published a blog. Two are in forever draft form (never to be published), but they don't count. And now, because it's late and I'm thoroughly exhausted from chasing children during the day and not sleeping at night, I have little to share and yet much on my mind. Late fall problems...

I've not taken any wonderful, autumn woods walks this year and I am a little sad about that. However, I do have a great stockpile of woods walks from years past and if I close my eyes and hold the picture in my mind, it's almost like being there. I soaked those memories in deep; the sights, the sounds, the smells. All of it. I am so grateful for those years. If I ever slide into dementia (which is a terrifying thought), I'm sure I'll be taking some woods walks in my memories then too. (Which really doesn't sound half bad. LOL!)

It's been an emotional week with a cherished family member being diagnosed with a terminal illness. (I'm keeping the identity private out of respect.) The time and miles between here and there make visiting impossible. There is nothing I can do except to pray. For peace. For pain free days. For God's grace. For those who can to be there. Life, it seems, is all about learning to let go...

Tomorrow is a day with friends. We're going to a craft sale and then out to lunch. This is good. This is what I need.

7 comments:

  1. Praying for your family member!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you and that cherished family member. Prayers for strength and peace and sprinkles of joy and laughter along the way.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I appreciate every single thought and prayer.

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog and read a few posts. I hope you keep writing :) I've been blogging since 2008 and stopped and re-started and have done that several times. I'm really enjoying the community these days. And I can relate to relatives far away. Mine are 5 hours away and it makes it really tough when illnesses arise. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more of your writings. Have a beautiful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a note, Debbie, and also for the encouragement to keep writing. It's been slow going lately which makes it a little hard to believe I used to write something every day.
      Sunday was absolutely beautiful! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Hello Martha. I'm so sorry about your friend with the illness, I can totally relate as someone close to me has received a similar diagnosis. My reaction: I cannot do this, I cannot live without her, I cannot bear to watch her suffer, I don't want her to die. I have been praying for mercy for her, and also for a miracle, that she's healed. I will pray for your dear one too. Life does seem like it's all about letting go. We know our days are finite, but we do love each other so much, it's just heartbreaking. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete