Sunday, October 08, 2023

Hmm...

Another week has flown by. We had some summer days last week and today late fall has settled in. It was warmer when I went out to church this morning that it was when I headed out again at noon. Definitely heavy sweater weather this afternoon. I wore a sweatshirt under my jean jacket, and though I saw others with summer foot attire, I chose socks and close toed shoes myself. Perhaps summer will return again by the weekend. 

I'd expected to accomplish great things this weekend and was set back by a sinus/migraine headache Saturday. I'd been slacking off on my decongestant and nasal spray so off I went to find some, along with a nap and an afternoon cup of coffee. It seemed to do the trick and I caught up with most of the activities I'd had in mind, including washing all of my laundry and bedding, along with a few more. I have yet to take a woods walk but there is still time for that.

Oh! I just remembered! I was coming back into work from a lunch break last week when my boss said she had a weird question for me. She showed me a picture on her phone and asked, "Is one of these yours?" There was a photograph of three canvas pencil cases with names on them; Martha, Amber, and Megan. They were Christmas gifts from one of the Tot Spot moms three years ago when I was helping open the infant room and doing breaks. 

"Yes," I told her, still wondering where this was going...

"Do you know who made them," she asked. It felt like a trick question and I was still caught a little off guard by the asking. I took a guess that it was the sister of one of the other moms because she has done gifts in more recent years. "You're looking at her," she said, "Jen P---- asked me to make them back when you were taking care of ----."  Ha ha! I knew she and Jen were friends, I'd learned that during my interview, but how funny that I actually have something made by my current boss when I didn't even know. (Now if only I can find it... It's probably somewhere in the attic.)


4 comments:

  1. I guess I can say..Small World.. I love those quirky kind of happenings.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Fun!! It's a small world, indeed!
    Sorry about the headache!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The headache is gone. Now I must remember to continue the decongestant until the first hard frost.

      Delete