Sunday, February 06, 2022

Changing Times

 It's almost 10 pm. and I need to go to sleep, but here I am checking in with all of you. (Whoever you are...) My starting time at work has changed and I'm now opening the infant room which requires me to be there by 6:30 am. Yes, it's early, but I've done this before and it has the added benefit of getting out of work an hour earlier too. I'm attempting to go to sleep earlier... We'll see how that goes.

Yesterday I signed up to take the class that will eventually earn me a Child Development Accreditation. I have up to a year to finish the course and take the test, but I'm already working in a position that requires the certificate. I'm not holding my breath at getting back into the daycare kitchen and after four months of baby room practice I'm in a new groove. I like this too and I love my girls. They're pretty great aside from nap time. Ha ha!

5 comments:

  1. Aww what cuties..I think you are in your sweet spot.
    Getting that accreditation will be awesome for you. You can do it and will go far with it.
    That's an early start but getting home earlier will be good too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty sweet, unless they won't sleep, which is pretty much every day. LOL!
      Getting out early will be nice, but at the moment it feels like I'm leaving something undone when I punch out. Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. How many babies do you have to take care of at once, Martha? I think I'd be frazzled. I remember the stress of getting a baby to sleep, then the toddler throwing a fit, and waking baby up...do you have white noise for them to sleep? I do love babies and small children though....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have four.
      (Sent you a FB message.)

      Delete
    2. Why did my nice long responses not publish?

      Delete