Sunday, November 28, 2021

It's Been Two Weeks

Two weeks between posts. There's sure to be something left out that I'll one day wish I'd put in, but today I'm not sure what that will be...

* Second counseling session with my son went better than the first which was two weeks prior. I'll just say I wasn't as mentally prepared for the first as I may have been for the second. Being a mom is hard some days.

* We celebrated Thanksgiving last Sunday with a dash of Covid. Several family members are ill but none seriously. Not everyone contracted the illness in the same place as not everyone was here on Sunday. Most family members are not vaccinated. (It's still their choice.) I have tested negative and am free to travel about as long as I don't test positive or develop symptoms. Being vaccinated does have its perks for the moment, but nothing makes sense and everything is weird.

* It is not totally possible to avoid my family members in a tiny ranch with no basement. We share a galley kitchen and one small bathroom. When I first moved here four years ago, I self isolated in my attic bedroom. It's still a nice place to retreat, but it's lonely and socially unhealthy. However, we are formulating a plan because three weeks is a very long time for a small child to be kept home from school. (He tested negative.)

* I finally dragged my tiny Christmas tree out of the attic yesterday. I am way late setting it up. It is a bright and cheery spot in my little bedroom.

3 comments:

  1. I love your tree and how it makes you feel.
    Counseling is always an emotional time but glad you are involved. God knows your heart.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tree. It looks so inviting and cozy.
    Yes, I can only imagine how hard those counseling sessions are for a Mom. Like Sue said...God knows your heart, and that who we desire to please the most. I have adult grandkids that are not following the Lord, and it breaks my heart...so I pray and try to be the godly grandma example..not easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the a new challenge you have exposed in your article. One thing I’d like to discuss is that FSBO human relationships are built as time passes.

    Read More: German shepherd husky mix

    ReplyDelete