Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Bits and Pieces

* It's been a stressful week. By week I mean since my last post.

* Wednesday. I met one of my kids at the therapist's office. Absolutely overwhelming. It took a few days to process all the emotions and settle my heart and soul.

* It's hard to process thoughts while tending to 3 or 4 babies all day long, but they are good therapy. I miss the other kids, but catch them when I have opportunity. I still get lots of smiles and hugs.

* I went car shopping on Saturday. A friend offered to go along and we actually had fun. I even bought a car. I'm a real grownup now. (I think.)

* On Sunday, after church (Yes, I actually got there this Sunday!) my sister Rachel and I went for a long walk through the woods, around the Webster Recreational Center, and back again. Later I made some chicken noodle soup, and took Idris down to the lake for a little while. It was a nice weekend.

* Yesterday I was stressed at work. Lots on my mind 

* My Minnesota family is struggling. They're moving to Florida, closing on their house, and dealing with sickness, movers, and lots of unknowns. It's so hard when all I can do is pray. It's not nothing, but sometimes it feels like nothing... They start the long drive tomorrow. Please pray for health and safety, for peace and rest, and for the transition to a completely new environment. And thank you. This mom appreciates it ever so much.

4 comments:

  1. Prayers coming your way..a Mama's heart is always on call it seems.
    God is Faithful and holds your hand.
    Congrats on the new car. Glad you had a friend go with you for the purchase.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. They are appreciated ever so much!

      Delete
  2. Much going on! So happy you were able to get a car! Yeah and a friend to help!
    Yes, sometime and most of the time all we can do is pray for family members. Sue said it well...a Momma's heart is always on call. Love You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayerfully, things will settle down through the holidays which are stressful in and of themselves.
      Loving the new car!

      Delete