Sunday, February 16, 2020

And That's the Weekend For Ya!

I spent Valentine's Day at work with the Littles this year, and afterward I went to my class at the pottery studio. It was a good day and I was thankful for the evening activity. It meant not going home to a quiet, empty house. I thought we might be missing a few class members, but everyone was there. I guess it was good for all of us.

Saturday evening brought a potluck dinner with my friends from the Divorce Care group I attended last winter. We all have different stories and are in differing places of healing. They are a great group, but even so sometimes I feel lost in the middle of it all. Much of it is my own tendency to build walls of protection around myself and to put distance between me and others. I'm still working on this.

After unsuccessfully trying to sleep off a (most likely) tension headache this afternoon, I met a friend for coffee at Barnes and Noble. It seemed a good place to sit and talk because they have comfy chairs and a built-in Starbucks. I went for something simple and got a regular coffee and a giant oatmeal raisin cookie. We sat for several hours and when I left my headache was gone. Friends are good medicine.

Although I'm rarely ever looking forward to waking up while it's still pitch black outside, I am ready to get back to work and those sometimes smiling, sometimes squalling children. Love them (most of the time) either way! Ha ha!

Grabbed a photo from 2015. A sleepy kitty. Maybe one day I'll get another...

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are dong better? When was the divorce? Are you content to live in one room in a family home? Sometimes we feel like we are in a boat in the ocean with no oars. It doesn't go away but does get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The healing is a long process. I am so much better than I was just three years ago. The divorce was final last June. This house is where God has me for now and it is mine even if I am sharing. I am not confined to one room and do spend much more time downstairs than I used to. "A boat with no oars." Yes, it can be just like that plus choppy water. Every day is a little better than the one before.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I can feel some healing in your voice today. I love that. I think for those who face such hard and painful lives here on earth, will be the ones that enjoy the perfectness of heaven. You are on that list. I love you dear Martha...I love the progress you are making. I love that you pray for me and my dearest. Been camping in Isaiah 26:3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am turning a new corner, Wanda, and finally working on "Martha issues." It can be emotional at times, but there is so much healing there.
      I wish so much that you weren't so very far away, but I will forever be grateful for our moments together. You and Don are dearly loved.

      Delete
  3. I hear you moving forward in this post.
    Friends are good medicine...I think it's almost time for me to do a coffee date with one of my friends...miss her and our gabby hours..yes, it's hours when we get together.
    A boat with no oars in choppy waters is a good illustration. i'm so glad that Jesus is there to say "Peace Be Still."

    ReplyDelete