Monday, November 11, 2019

Short Day

It was a short day at work, but not necessarily because of the weather.

Monday, Veteran's Day, and a snowstorm combined for a rather slow day at the daycare. We had a grand total of about 25 children, less than half our usual amount, and it was hot dog day. I went from worrying we wouldn't have enough hot dogs (there were forty) to having more than enough. We could have fed the entire staff and all the kids.

By 12:30 pm I had already cleaned up lunch, loaded the dishwasher, and set out afternoon snacks. Before punching out for the day I gave the two remaining baby teachers a potty break. I left my garbage bag in the trash can with the idea it might be needed since the center wouldn't close for another 5 1/2 hours. Then I set out for home, just as the snow storm started to churn.


At home I emptied the back of my car and lugged my snow tires out of the garage. They are now ballast in the rear end of my vehicle awaiting a break in the storm so they can replace my all season tires. It's nasty driving tonight and likely won't be any better tomorrow morning, but it's still a tad early, according to my BIL, for snow tires. I made it to the chiropractor's office and back tonight. It was good practice for tomorrow's early commute.

PS. Happy 26th to Ben! I love you to the moon and back!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, please be careful out there !!
    Hope the tires get on without any more adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't need any more adventures! This is winter in upstate NY, although I was really hoping for a longer fall.

      Delete