Saturday, February 23, 2019

Coffee, Tea, and Paradise

Today was good.

Another teary appointment today, but teary is not necessarily bad. I am learning about Me and that is good. I am growing and learning new things. I left my appointment and almost forgot the coffee gathering at Starbucks this morning. I remembered in time to turn around and be there on time. I didn't have coffee this time. I was treated to the "Pink Drink" instead, and it was yummy!

When I was about to leave Starbucks, I noticed a text on my phone. I gave my son Joe a call back and found he was hoping for a ride to Wegmans. I wandered around the store as he shopped, wondering where he'd disappeared to, while he checked out, and headed for the car. (Just like a guy.) It was one of those wonderful together moments. LOL. Truthfully, it was great to see him, to give him a hug, and to realize he's looking good.

There was a tea party at Bethany's house this afternoon. I brought the cookies and she supplied the tea. Earl Gray. She told me about her trip to Hawaii, actually Kauai and Maui. Nothing makes a body want to move away more than visiting paradise. She is in love with those far away islands I have never seen. What would I do if all my children decided to move away?

Irondequoit Bay and the Webster pier are not far from Bethany's house. Before coming home, I took a drive down the hill and around the corner to the lake. The birds would have been happy with a crust or two of bread, but I hadn't any and it was about to start getting dark. The beach was cold, icy, and wet, and though no stunning sunset lit up the horizon, it was pretty in it's own cold, forlorn way.

Tomorrow we shall have some big winds. I will probably not go to the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment