Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Using the Old Noodle

I hear strange things from my post in the kitchen. "That's not how you use the noodles." That was yesterday. Today I heard, "Don't break the noodles." Without context the comments don't make a lick of sense. Sensory bins. (I hate them.) This one was filled with dry pasta, for the kiddos to play with. Apparently they were playing with it wrong. Ha ha!

Today I made macaroni and cheese. The kids love hot dogs, they chow down the goulash, but when it comes to macaroni and cheese, the whole place gets excited. Teachers pray for leftovers and embellish the number of children in their classrooms. One sweet teacher, with a gleam in her eye, told me she was expecting 42! I rarely make enough mac and cheese, but I did good today. There was more than enough for the children, and a few teachers were found smiling too. (Mac and Cheese Day is my favorite.)

No school this week. No school mixes up our numbers. We are missing a few of our infants, specifically three one year old babies, and we've gained two tiny babies this month as well. It's a continual change, and a continual supply of hugs, snuggles, and baby barf. It's moving up time for one small child when she returns. Moving up is always bittersweet. Thankfully, my kitchen job keeps me connected, somewhat.

Took my camera along for the ride yesterday. I can't take pictures inside the daycare, but I can take them on my way to and from.

No comments:

Post a Comment