Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve 2018

It's New Year's Eve 2018. It was a busy day with a "somewhat stressful" few moments...

 I worked this morning and then made a visit to the Department of Motor Vehicles. Always a fun place. The last time I went to the DMV there was a problem with the title I was transferring. We had to order a new one. This time I had all the paperwork filled out and accounted for. I waited my turn and they finally called my number. The woman was just starting to go over my paperwork when another announced, "We're out of passenger plates." Can you guess what I was there for?

I started to panic a little. I don't get much time off for running errands that might take hours, and the inspection sticker on the vehicle (which I was transferring from James to me) was about to expire. In order to keep the vehicle fully legal, I needed a temporary inspection sticker, and they don't give them unless you are registering a vehicle, and in order to register my vehicle, I needed new plates. Thankfully, they gave me a paper (a rain check, of sorts) to expedite my visit to the regular Department of Motor Vehicles, which is where I headed next. I was able to get in and out in short order, new plates, registration, and temporary inspection sticker in hand, albeit a bit poorer.

Facebook has been rife with New Year's posts and status updates. I don't feel in any particular hurry to bid adieu to 2018, but I did find some of the "Best Nine" photos interesting and decided to try one of my own. Bits and pieces of the last year. They make me smile. It was a good year with some hard bumps. Tonight I choose to focus on the smiles rather than the pain.

No wise words to ponder this evening. I'll save that for another day. Maybe tomorrow. We'll see.
:0)

I was just editing my post when the lights decided to flicker and the electric went out. Three times. Now I have to wait for the internet connection to reboot, so I am here adding useless chatter to the bottom of my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment