Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Good Grief!

Grieving is good when it brings healing, but prolonged grief only brings prolonged pain.

Most days I am okay, good even, but there are moments when grief sneaks up and overwhelms me. The hardest part is grieving alone, never really knowing how to process the pain and knowing that my own pain brings pain to those I love. It's a pain that I know needs release, but is often bottled up and tightly capped.

In my heart of hearts I know there is One who understands my every pain and sorrow. He has carried me through life, been my Provider and Sustainer, and one day He will carry me through to the other side where there is no more pain and every tear is wiped away by His gentle hands.

It's been a dreary day, dark and rainy. I got out of work early with no plan for how to spend my extra time. I probably need a plan for those times.


6 comments:

  1. ...the sun and the beautiful colors of fall are just around the corner. Hold in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm holding, Tom. Just one of those days. My sister and I are planning to get out and take in the fall colors.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I understand grieving alone. It’s hard. I’m sorry you are in pain. I wish I could make it go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pain is a path each one of us must walk. It makes us strong and tender all at the same time. God will use this for good, somehow, someday. But it is hard.

      Delete
  3. Yes, grieving is very hard work! And the worst part is you have to do the work yourself. Having a good councillor certainly helps though. My husband passed away 23 years ago when I was 51.......devastating. I did learn though that every time I went down into the pit it wasn’t quite as far even though it felt like it at times. You too will come out the other end, changed and stronger. We are all stronger than we think. Hugs to you Martha.

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Marilyn. The pit is not as deep and the forest not so dark.
      Thank you for the hugs.

      Delete