Wednesday, April 04, 2012

How Unusual

Have you ever met a random stranger in the store and found out they know you? Okay, so in the world of blogging, perhaps it isn't really so strange. There was that day in the hospital when my father was sick. I heard someone call my name and turned around to find a fellow blogger, a nurse in the hospital, right there in my dad's wing. She was a godsend, literally. She prayed with me and for me, and I have often thanked God for the gift He gave me that day...

Then there was the time I pulled into the humane society parking lot and practically ran over another blogger friend. Of course, Carla wasn't just a blog friend, I had been to her wedding several years previous. Now living out of state, she was in town visiting family. It was a fun chance meeting.

I have met blog friend on purpose, and I have hoped to meet them by chance... hello, Della?... but today I met a new friend. I was shopping in Kohl's when she saw me. She was brave, brave enough to tell me she was my "blog stalker". She even knew my name. Funny thing is that it wasn't creepy or scary at all. She goes to a local church and knows some of my other friends, my hospital friend Stacy, and my longtime friend Heather.

13 comments:

  1. That is so fun!! I am thinking it is the same person that recognized me when I first moved here. It was so cool as she already "knew" me and my family:-) Let's face it, Martha, you are famous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I love it that I am your longtime friend:-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, it's almost hard to believe we can call our friendship a "longtime" friendship. It doesn't seem so long ago, but Hannah is going turn 17 this summer. How did that happen so fast?

    And yes, it is likely the same friend. Maybe we'll all have to meet up in the park for lunch one day. That sounds like fun. :)

    PS. I think you should just stay here in NY. I haven't seen near enough of you yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that would be fun!! I agree that I have not seen enough of you yet, either!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you are not agreeing to stay. Now that is just too sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gudrun, I think maybe we're all famous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ladies, plus Priscilla and Rachel, are the only New Yorkers I know, so I agree that you MUST be famous! : )
    (and some day I'd love to meet you!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be fun, wouldn't it? Of course, we are not New Yorker New Yorkers, but we are New Yorkers none the less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get out!
    Yes - I am sometimes humbled when someone I know, but-not-really, tells me they read something on my blog. And yes. They do jump from other friends blogs too. So. Can you give me a hint?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha, Stacy! I emailed you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It happened to me once. I was at a craft show on main street, Cdga...and an artist called out to me. "Hey...don't you have a blog?" He has a website for his art and can figure out when someone puts a link to his website on another webpage. I admit that I was a little self conscious...but he didn't seem to mind. You can read the post here:
    http://scillyspot.blogspot.com/2007/04/boathouses.html

    ReplyDelete