Thursday, January 26, 2012

An Update

I am not entirely certain where the last six weeks went. They were right here one moment, and the next thing I knew, they were gone! How does that happen?

I am incredibly blessed to have had my favorite mom in law here for several weeks. We faced some terribly emotional days together, cried a few tears, and laughed a lot too. We shared the pain of lost loved ones, a bout of sickness, and a Christmas holiday. We ate many wonderful meals, baked Boston Brown bread, made tamales, and drank countless cups of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We spoke of times past and made new memories.
We took pictures, went shopping, and visited friends and family. We watched movies, read books, and stayed up late. We went out to eat, took afternoon naps, and played games. It seemed she had scarcely arrived and it was time to go home already... Almost six weeks went by and yet it seemed just a few days.

By now Grandmanita is safely back home. I'm sure her friends are happy. I bet her cat is thrilled! I'm fairly certain Auntie Lee Anne is doing the Happy Dance. I will miss her for many days to come. I love her.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had her for the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Bethany stayed with us, we got to talk to Grandmanita on Skype, and she is adorable and delightful!!!!

    The pictures of her are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic time you had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She Loves you also..very very much

    ReplyDelete