Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wild and Crazy

It's been another wild and crazy kind of day. We headed out to VBS this morning and picked up Sara and Alysa on the way. Yesterday I just kind of hung around and looked for little things to do. Today there was a crying three year-old who wanted his mom (she was teaching) or brother. He insisted on crying and the opening program had just started so I, heartless as I am, decided to take him out until he was done crying. He carried on for quite a bit longer than I had anticipated but I didn't give in either. Actually, I am not totally heartless. This is the same little guy who just spent the entire past school year here with me and he will be back in September. I knew he would be fine. When he finally gave up and stopped crying I took him back in and became a helper in the preschool class. (Believe me, they need help!)

After VBS we went over to Rachel's for a swim. My very kind brother in law offered me a cold drink. I was quite warm and graciously accepted. He gave it to me in a kiddie cup complete with a lid and a built-in straw/handle. I decided to pour it into a regular glass and in the process proceeded to pour the drink out of the straw/handle and down the front of my shirt... I think I should have obliged him and used the kiddie cup. At least it was a nice clear drink and not red Kool-Aid!

It's another tired evening and I have more berries to pick... Good thing a second wind usually arrives not long from now.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, your kitty wants to come in...

    It was nice to see you today. I'll make sure to discipline Dave severely for the incident with the kiddie cup. Haha! That was pretty funny! Come over again soon, or maybe I should come over and pick some of those yummy blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I know the trick to pouring drinks down the front of your clothes! :) I have no excuse, I just miss my mouth. I agree, red Kool aid is the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like one of those balloons which just finished flying around the room in circles whilst spitting out all of its air and is now lying on the floor in a limp and stretched out blob of rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be a tired mommy.... Good thing they have you at VBS to take care of crying children. Maybe someday you can help me with my crying children too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to help you with your crying children. Just bring them on over to Grandma!

    ReplyDelete