Friday, July 13, 2007

A Happy Frog?

I went searching for more monarch caterpillars in my milkweek patch this afternoon and found a new friend instead. He was feeling rather sleepy until I put my camera right up close to his face. He looked up and gave me a big smile before he turned and looked the other way. What a great place to hang out and take a nap on a summer afternoon, a milkweed leaf.
Just imagine being tree frog size and stretching out for a snooze in your milkweed leaf hammock. The bird sized bees buzzing overhead, grasshoopers bouncing on your bed, and caterpillars stopping by for a snack. Just the right amount of sunshine and shade... Ahhh.... this is the life!

12 comments:

  1. Jeeze!! I'm agona hafta plant me a patch of milkweed! It's so dog gone intertaining to see all the critters it attracts. I'll tell Carl to keep his spray concoction away from it. That is a happy looking frog. Thanks for sharing all you critters, I do injoy seeing them and you have made my week brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now he is downright adorable! And you got the perfect shot...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super photos! Just love his "smile"! My daughter collects "frog stuff". Do you care if I print the photos for her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can print the photos, Joeks. He's awfully cute. I'm thinking about printing him too. In fact, he'd make a great poster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks quite comfortable doesn't he!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha, your photography is just so amazing! I love looking at your blog to see all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frog weekend?
    Wow, what a sharp picture of such a small frog, what a nice colours.

    Today I saw in a forest nearby here, a very small little pad(?), not afrog I think... brown coloured and only 2 cm small,

    And yesterday we saw a "frog-shaped" balloon ( see my blog) that was very funny and nice to see.

    Have a good weekend,
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great green photo - youtake awesome pics Martha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool picture!! Great shot of a happy frog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture! I'm surprised you noticed him - he blends in so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute frog Mom... Makes me wish I was a frog for a day, or at least small enough to take a nap in a giant leafy jungle...

    ReplyDelete