Friday, July 06, 2007

Sweet Peas

These pretty little flowers grow along the side of the road not far from here. Once in a great while I will stop and pick a bouquet to take home and set on my table but I haven't done it yet this year. The purple colored Sweet Peas are among my favorite flowers and I have often said I should plant them at home, maybe along the hedgerow, but we still don't have any. One year Ben and Hannah planted some where I now grow my spinach and snow peas but they didn't do well there and now they are gone. Maybe some of God's blessings are meant to be enjoyed at a distance, little treasures that make us smile as we pass by. I can't have everything in my own possession but if I set my mind to, I can enjoy it in the hands of others and be happy too.

11 comments:

  1. I love them when they grow wild like that, on the hillside, along the road....they are reall nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have these, too, along the road and I love them! Sometimes I take some home, too, for my little vases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful words of wisdom, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, what Ms.P. said, and I'm sorry if I offended you with my wt.commenton Ms.P's blog. I do have no tact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they smell nice like the domesticated ones do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gmj, there was no offense taken. There are times when I look at Bethany myself and see a younger, thinner me, and I have to smile. Check out this old post http://justseven.blogspot.com/2006/05/double-blessing.html

    (Can somebody tell me how to make links on my comments?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, I'll have to pick some and find out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Maybe some of God's blessings are meant to be enjoyed at a distance, little treasures that make us smile as we pass by."
    Beautiful flowers and beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Martha... I taught myself by looking at the other tab when I make a new post. (the one that shows you what your pictures look like in computer jargon.)

    I'll show you in person if you are confused.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Martha, you can find out all that kind of stuff on the cat blog help center, if you don't mind getting advice from a cat... use the search box at the top left of the blog to find the post about creating links.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Tracy and Priscilla.

    ReplyDelete