Monday, October 16, 2006

Confused

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. John 15:8

This morning Hannah and I took Troy for one more walk before we leave for our vacation. I'm not sure what the weather will be like when we return and today was a beautiful day to walk.

I had to do a double-take and smile when I saw this little tree. It appears that it is a bit confused as to whether it is spring or fall. I see one little red apple, and otherwise it is covered with blossoms (which will never mature into fruit). I wonder if I am ever like that little tree, trying to do wonderful things that will never amount to anything because it isn't in God's time. Only by doing things in His time can what I do be truly fruitful. Ecc. 3:11

8 comments:

  1. i've never seen such a strange thing as that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All dressed up and no place to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool sight. I've never seen a tree do that before. I'm sure we've all been that confused at one time or another, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poor little confused tree. I feel somewhat sorry for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is just a little bit sad, isn't it? I plan to go back in the spring and see how it fares the winter. I hope to find it covered with new blossoms in May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, nice analogy. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, nice analogy, it is true we all get ahead of ourselves sometimes. :) sad sad little tree...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That silly tree! LOL!

    ReplyDelete