Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weekend Wrap

One day this week I actually cleaned under- neath my couches. That sounds wrong... I often vacuum under them, but this week I physically moved the furniture in order to clean. I found lots of treasures in the process; chewy sticks for Sofie, Duplos, play food, a sticker, an old cellphone... All this stuff and I'm still missing my marbles. Go figure.

Today is Saturday, the day I am typically out running errands, but not this week. I am home instead. I've been playing with my scroll saw and imagining I am an elf at the North Pole, which isn't so difficult at the moment. It's snowing! I'm rather thankful to be home instead of out lugging groceries through a cold, windy parking lot.

 Rocky had some fun painting yesterday. I bought a cheap set of watercolors and a pad of kid's watercolor paper. I drew a few trees with permanent marker and she did the rest. If you think of it, please pray for my Friday patience level. Although I start out the week kind and loving, by the time Friday afternoon arrives (and sometimes by Thursday afternoon), I find I am completely lacking. *sigh*

And now I am back to my scroll sawing...

4 comments:

  1. I see a wee Fisher-Price person there as well!!!
    I remember stepping on those....OUCH! do they ever hurt!
    That painting looks really quite good!
    What...pray tell....are you making with your saw?
    Glad you didn't have to go out today...
    We went for a brisk walk...BBRRR!!
    Enjoy your weekend♥
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making snowmen.
      The kind that don't melt.
      For Christmas.
      The lake clouds are looking cold today!
      Brrr!

      Delete
  2. I love that you are making snowmen with your scroll saw. You continue to amaze me with your many talents. Can't wait to see them.

    My friend gave the new No.1 Ladies Detective Agency Novel by Alexander McCall Smith. This one is called "The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon" I've read the entire series and I think this is either 11 or 12. They are set in Africa and delightfully written. I finished this one in two days. When I like a book...can't put it down. Rained all day yesterday....Sunshine today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year stirs up in me a sudden burst of inspiration. Hopefully I get something productive accomplished before it wears off again. :)

      Delete