Monday, November 25, 2013

Crafts and Cookies

Somewhere deep inside of me is someone with creative talent. Every year when Thanksgiving comes around, I start to think of Christmas treats and presents and long to create something wonderful. This is why I have a closet full of fabric and felt, pompoms and pipe cleaners, wooden shapes and pieces, and silly things like googly eyeballs. Once in a while I pull off something fun, but mostly I am so distracted and in such a hurry that I don't live up to my own expectations. ( I rather like these snowmen. I wonder if mine will turn out even remotely similar...)


I've been liking the looks of fancy decorated cookies too. I baked a batch of bears and "gingerbread" men last week. I even mixed up a giant bowl of frosting, but somewhere along the line I got overwhelmed and, well... we started eating unfrosted cookies. Maybe somewhere between here and Christmas, I will find a bit of calm (it's happened other years) and whip up something that makes me smile. I'm not sure it will be Fisher Price Little People, though I do love these. Maybe something a little simpler, like some candy canes or Christmas trees.

6 comments:

  1. I am sure your Snowmen will be just as sweet as these!
    is it snowing at your place?
    It is snowing here...
    And blowing...
    And cold....brrr

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a little bit of snow from Saturday but I hear more is headed this way. I guess it's winter now.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your Christmas Crafts. Know they will be adorable. Taking a Pumpkin pie when I visit Elizabeth tomorrow. Maybe play a little Bingo with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could get my mind and body to relax, then maybe I could get something accomplished. :)

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see yours! You have some good inspiration there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of starting out simple. Maybe I'll mae a few cookies for Thanksgiving.

      Delete