Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Leaves!

My grandbabies came to play again today. Since we spent the morning at Ladies' Prayer, I thought it a good idea to take them outside to play after lunch. Rocky, who was also here, headed straight to raking leaves and I began to wonder if this child would ever discover the wonder of simply playing in a pile of crisp, crunchy autumn leaves.

 It wasn't until I suggested jumping off the picnic table into the pile that she decided to give it a go. There is nothing quite like a giant pile of dry leaves.They jumped individually first, and then found a fun new game, jumping together. And of course, I had to freshen up the pile after almost every leap because, you know, it's more fun that way.

Aubrey left the leaf pile and thought I should give her a ride on the swing, but every time I got her on, she hopped right off. I decided not to play the swing game, and she decided to cry. Poor child! She really needed a nap and it wasn't long before Aunt Hannah scooped her up and took her inside for a rest while Aubs said, "I'll be nice."

4 comments:

  1. It was a lovely day, wasn't it Martha?
    And what better way to spend it...
    With your cute grandchildren!
    Perfect♥
    I do believe I have photos of my own kids...doing the same thing!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little girl in the top pictures is the one I babysit. (She's a cutie too.) The crying child is my beautiful granddaughter.
      Yes, it was a gorgeous day! Don't want to spend days like that inside, do we?

      Delete
  2. You brought back good memories. We need a picnic table here, but our leaves hang on to the trees until Thanksgiving. Then it's a bit on the chilly side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of ours are still hanging on too, Beth.
      Leaves always bring back good memories. I can still remember walking through the woods with my mom and her talking about the way the leaves went "crunch, crunch" under our feet. It was probably the year Aunt Priscilla was born.

      Delete