Saturday, November 23, 2013

Kindness

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control

There it is right in the middle. Kindness. It should also be in me, along with love and patience, but I am afraid that all too often I am not feeling it. It's especially hard at certain times, times when hormones rage and I feel out of control. I try to be nice, I really do, but it's so hard those days. I'm not sure what to do about it and my mother won't be giving me any advice on this stage of life. She always claimed that hormones didn't bother her, though her children all knew different. We knew when to clear out and leave Mom to herself and clear out we did. Sadly, I can't get away from me at my times and the closer I get to that magic birthday that I am in complete denial of (it won't arrive until March) the worse my mood swings become. If I am to be honest, I haven't liked me much this past week, and I wouldn't blame anyone else if they didn't like me much either. Isn't there some special tea or potion I could drink to calm me down and sooth the savage beast within? Something non-alcoholic? Does Saint John's Wort really help? Or should I just find a strong sedative and sleep through that particular week each month? (insert winky face here)

PS. Just in case you think I'm not being nice, I'm trying. Really I am.

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Raspberry Leaf? This may be something worth asking Barrie about. She probably has some good ideas of a natural something er other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen her lately, but maybe I'll find her at Wegmans on Tuesday.

      Delete
  2. I think you are more kind than you think. People who are willing to admit their faults ~ are not to other people as bad as you think. It's my problem to be kind and nice, and feel resentful on the inside...and I know who sees the inside. So I'm constantly work on that one. So just in case you think I'm nice..I may not be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Wanda. I can be nice on the outside and yet not-so-nice on the inside too. The problem I am fighting is that the not-so-nice is leaking out the cracks. It is just ever so much harder at that time of the month and now, instead of having five week cycles, they've changed to four week cycles. That means I'm not-so-nice feeling even more often. :(

      I told Hannah I need to go back to Calvary Chapel and be at church Sunday morning and evening, and Wednesday night too.

      Delete
  3. Oh Martha, I know what you mean. It is always the worst when I am on my own nerves and feeling out of control from these crazy hormones!!! I never used to even notice them, and now they are making me crazy at times.

    ReplyDelete