Thursday, November 14, 2013

Staying Awake

If today was a quiet kind of day, I would be curled up on the couch sleeping off this silly headache, but it is a day of noise and small children instead. The cup of coffee I consumed earlier has not provided the wide awake alert feeling I had hoped for. Maybe the stress and activity of the week has finally caught up with me.

I have been instructed this week in the "art" of giving vitamin B12 injections. The last three days were learning, today I am on my own. Thankfully my mom is cooperative, or at least has been. I've been told this will not help with her memory issues, but should help with her energy levels. Do you think it would be okay for me to get the injections instead? (I kid... kind of...) It's really mostly today that I feel drained and lethargic and there is no chance for a nap... unless maybe a movie calms things down.

It's Thursday again, and I am off to Kristina's to play 3X Thursday. See you there!

7 comments:

  1. I did B-12 shots quite often a few years back. I just never had the energy to do anything. I now do B-12 sublingual vitamins (when I can remember) which still seem to help. Some energy is better than no energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took my multivitamin this morning. I've been inspired. :0)

      Delete
  2. I have started back on my B12 tablets...
    I think they are working...
    I think I have more energy...
    I think I'll go crochet on the couch!!
    Enjoy your evening♥
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crocheting on the couch sounds wonderfully relaxing, especially with a cup of hot tea.
      I am going to be taking my vitamins again.

      Delete
  3. Giving someone else a shot can be scary. I had to give Jill three shots a week of Interferon (not spelled right) when she was diag. with Hepatitus C for a year. I never got use to it. But she's been in remission 14 years now. The piggy's are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Wanda, it is a little scary. Scary too is thinking of her having a whole lot more energy. ;)

      My wildly busy week is almost over and then I'll be on to another one. Wonder what next week will bring...

      Delete
  4. I give my boys those....three times a week! Hard at first but they are used to them now. :)

    ReplyDelete