Thursday, November 07, 2013

The Very Sleepy Caterpillar

It has been an entirely too sleepy day. I did not take Benadryl before going to bed last night. I did not take Melatonin. I very simply woke up sleepy and remained in a fog throughout the morning. Coffee didn't help, even though James made it, and the couch was like a magnet. I fought the urge to surrender by doing laundry and washing dishes, but there came a time mid-morning when I couldn't fight it any longer and collapsed in a heap.

The day is still dark and I have several baskets of laundry to fold. My mom has sneezed about a dozen times in the last ten minutes, and Rocky will soon be waking up from her nap. Girls will come home from school in about an hour, and I think my husband is totally unaware that today is National Men Make Dinner Day.

I think perhaps it is time to make that afternoon pot of coffee and stop over to Kristina's for a game of 3X Thursday. You coming?

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny , Martha!
    Now...get that laundry folded, before it gets all wrinkly!
    Enjoy your sleepy evening♥

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miracles do happen and I actually folded the laundry!
      I have a pot of chili bubbling on the stove, Mom has stopped sneezing, and the children have all gone home... for the moment. ( I am expecting a few darlings for a time this evening, but they are mine and that is cool.)

      Delete
  2. Tomorrow you will have bright sunshine and it will be impossible to feel sleepy! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my house will be teeming with children.
      :0)
      Maybe we'll play in the leaves some more.

      Delete