Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Making Pie... Kind of

Today I frosted my "pie" cookies and I have to admit, I am pleased. Hannah helped me get the pumpkin color just right and tomorrow we will have pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie cookies. Hopefully this guarantees leftovers because we all know how yummy pumpkin pie is for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.

These little "pies" turned out so nice that I am actually looking forward to using this method of frosting Christmas cookies. Maybe I have found an outlet for my "inner artist" after all. Now if only I can keep from feeding the monster (the cookie monster) that is also within. "Down, Monster! Down!"




10 comments:

  1. Those look awesome, Martha!
    You are an artist!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend!♥

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda.
      It was a very fun project.
      You have a wonderful day too!
      :0)

      Delete
  2. These are just darling. I saw them on face book, and just love the way they look, and even the star they create in the container. Got all my baking done by 1:30 PM, jumped in the shower and the sun was so warm, sat outside and read while my hair dried. I've never had such a relaxing day before Thanksgiving. Glad my kids are taking on the Turkey ...'bout time...they're in their 50's! HaHa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Wanda.
      I do like how they went into the pie taker.
      I'm not ready for tomorrow but I did make my stuffing and cook up a giant squash.
      Ready or not, here comes Thanksgiving!

      Delete
    2. If Martha and I sat outside for our hair to dry, it would have turned to icicles! haha. Didn't get out of the 20's today! Brrr!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cookies! Very, very cute! I'm sure they will be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did turn out cute even if they aren't quite as neat and tidy as the Pinterest Pumpkin Pie cookies. :0)
      Now where do you suppose I find a cookie cutter shaped like Little People?

      Delete
  4. Remember when you considerred opening a bakery? I think you could open some sort of business doing this out of your house. People somewhere would order specialty cookies like these...and those pies in a jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been watching "The Next Great Baker" and it looks really stressful. However, I do think doing the cookies would be fun. Maybe I'll do some gingerbread men next. :)

      Delete